INSTRUCTIONS FOR HAVING SERVICES TURNED ON OR RESTORED
- For new service, fill out contract and pay applicable deposits:
- Owner – $100.00 for gas / $100.00 for water – with legal documentation showing owners name and address where service is to be provided.
- Renter – $250.00 for gas / $125.00 for water – with lease
- You must also bring your driver’s license.
- Turn off anything within your home that uses the services before the serviceman arrives to turn on your gas and/or water (i.e. make sure water faucets are off, make sure gas appliances are off). If the meter shows gas or water going through when turned on it cannot be left on due to the risk of damage to your property. If the meter cannot be left on the service man will inform you by leaving a hanger on the door explaining the situation.
- You do not need to be present at the time your meter is turned on. If your water heater or furnace has a pilot light you will be responsible for lighting these after your service is turned on or restored. Our servicemen cannot go into your home.
- If your service cannot be turned on we will come back only one time to recheck your meter after you again have turned off anything in the house that would use the services. If the meter is still turning you will be required to have a professional repairman check your system and make any repairs. Once your water has been repaired you will then call our office to have your meter turned on. Once the gas is repaired the company performing the services will need to fax us a statement on their letterhead confirming the lines have been pressure tested and holds pressure for 10 minutes. At this time we will be able to send a serviceman to turn on the meter.
- We cannot guarantee turn on or reconnect on the same day. However, we make every effort to get your services turned on or restored as quickly as possible, depending on the time of day you make your payment and the work load of the serviceman.
- All water customers are required to have a back-flow prevention valve on their service lines. Please be sure that your water service line is equipped with the back-flow prevention assembly.
- You will receive your bill the first week of each month. New customers may not receive their first bill for up to 6 weeks after applying for service. If you do not receive your bill it is your responsibility to call our office to obtain your balance.
- Your payment is due by the 15th of each month. Balances not paid by the 15th will incur a penalty charge. Balances not paid by the 25th of each month will be subject to turn off. If your services are turned off for non-payment you will be required to pay your full balance in cash as well as a reconnect fee to have services restored.
- Balances more than 3 months old will be subject to legal action.
- Payment can be made by cash, check, money orders, credit or debit cards in the office. We do have a website at www.graysvillecity.com, and payments may be made through the website with a credit or debit card. Credit/debit card payments are administered by Nexcheck and they charge a processing fee. If your bank offers online bill pay you may set up payments through them. However, please allow enough time for your bank to cut the check and mail to us.
- There is a drop box behind our building for after-hour payments.
- Returned checks are processed through Nexcheck. If we receive a notice from Nexcheck of a returned check we will notify you by a door-hanger, which will instruct you to contact Nexcheck. If the returned check is not cleared through Nexcheck your services will be disconnected.
- If your bill reflects 0 consumption but you have used the services, please call the office for correction. Otherwise your next bill will reflect usage for 2 months services.